The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is looking to hire an organist! I've played this instrument a number of times. Can't imagine how amazing it would be to have that as your "regular gig."
Posting Dates: 05/23/2017 - 07/18/2017
Job Family: Arts, Design & Media
Department: Tabernacle Choir Department
· To provide missionary and public relations service through daily organ recitals and through performances with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, including telecasts, recordings, tours, concerts and other appearances.
· To provide organ support for approved Church (and occasional non-Church) functions held primarily on Temple Square.
· Customers include the conductors and administrative staff of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Church members world-wide, and the general public, as well as particular entities that are sponsoring or being served by the efforts of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and/or the Tabernacle organists.
· Participate in daily organ recitals, Tabernacle Choir rehearsals, broadcasts, recordings, concerts and tours as assigned.
· Perform for General Conference sessions and other Church and non-Church functions on and away from Temple Square as assigned.
· Prepare for the above to be performed at the highest professional standard of artistry.
· Fulfill non-musical functions (public relations, correspondence, interfacing with other entities, etc.) responsibly and professionally.
· Complete composition/arranging projects as assigned.
· Work cooperatively with colleagues to see that keyboard instruments at Church headquarters are maintained to highest mechanical and artistic standards.
· Keep abreast of contemporary trends in church music.
· Maintain exemplary professional image in performance and all other aspects of the work.
· Percentage of time devoted to the above will vary as circumstances require.
· Should have an established reputation and significant record of achievement as a soloist and accompanist on the organ and also be proficient on piano.
· Doctorate in Music with emphasis in organ performance, plus several years of professional experience preferred. Master’s degree in Music with strong emphasis in organ performance, plus substantial professional experience will be considered.
· Fellowship certification from the American Guild of Organists (or comparable) is desirable.
· Must be a sensitive accompanist and compelling soloist and have a broad background in many styles of music.
· Must have strong sight-reading skills and be able to learn new music quickly and securely.
· Improvisational skills are essential.
· Must be completely reliable, able to prioritize and plan work effectively.
· Must have congenial personality with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be able to work cooperatively and constructively with colleagues and others.
· Composition and arranging skills a plus.
· Experience using music notation software a plus.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.lds.org.